- Duration: 4 days
- Difficulty: 5/5 (strenuous)
- Height Diff.: 3300mt / 10000 ft
- Lenght: 46Km / 28ml
- Location: Rhemes Valley, Valgrisenche, Gran San Bernardo Valley
- Area: Monte Bianco - Gran Paradiso -
- Tags: 4 days hike, difficulty 5/5 (strenuous), animals, 4000 meters views, summer
Dates and features of our hikes are flexible: we can build together the adventure that is tailored to your needs.Just Contact Us!
Gran Paradiso Mont Blanc Hiking Trail
This hike is probably the most spectacular Trail you can imagine.
Gran Paradiso Mont Blanc Trail is also well known as Alta via Number 2.
This trail is not fit for beginners as has pretty hard stages and to hike for 4 days continuously in the Alps is not easy.
But certainly rewarded.
The Gran Paradiso National Park is the more ancient and the more spectacular National Park of Italy.
Mont Blanc is the highest peak of the Alps and one of the most famous mountain of the entire World.
The trek can be adapted in different ways and shortened a bit in case you need.
Gran Paradiso is one of the sanctuary of Wildlife and it is from here that the ibexes were saved from extinction and than moved all over to Swiss, Austrian and French Alps.
Gran Paradiso to Mont Blanc Hiking Trail has the fantastic opportunity to live this trek as a trip.
From one place to the other.
Never coming back.
Always forward, from valley to valley.
From one Alps Giant, the Gran Paradiso with its 4061m to the highest brother the Mont Blanc that with its 4810 meters is towering Europe.
This hike is crossing several high passes at around and more than 3000 meters and it is possible only between July(preferably in the second half) and the first week of September.
You will cross all kind of alpine environment, from the forest to the high alpine meadows to the high mountain rock environment.
And everything with the glaciers in the background.
Alta Via Number 2 is also part of the incredible Tor the Geants, the ultra trail running competition held in every September in Aosta Valley.
Gran Paradiso Mont Blanc Hiking trail can be also extended up to 8 Days.
Just ask us if you want a longer hiking holidays this Alta Via number 2 of Aosta Valley is perfect for your hut to hut experience.
Your Alpine dream is waiting for you with a local guide explaining you all the details of the territory and with the anecdotes of this amazing Natural Pearl of the World: the west Italian Alps.
Gran Paradiso to Mont Blanc Hiking is waiting for you, in the Italian Alps!.
- Overnight Staying Details3 nights in Shelter/LodgeHighest PoingPorta Pass (Colle della Porta) 3002m – 9850ftSettingAlpine meadows, Forests, Glaicers View, Alpine LakesSpecial Features and Points of InterestWildlife, Gran Paradiso and Mont Blanc Peak viewAnimals you may encounterProbable: Marmot, Ibex, Chamois – Possible: Eagle, Volture, Ermine and FoxFamilyFit for very sporty children wtih some adjustments
WHAT YOU NEED
- Backpack (30-50 liters) – Rent Possible
- Hiking Boots – Rent Possible
- Light Sleeping bag – Rent Possible
- 1 t-shirt per day
- 1 fleece
- 1 jacket against cold
- 1 jacket against rain
- 2 extra socks
- 1 comfortable trouser
- 1 shorts
- 1 water bottle
- Hat and gloves
- Sun glasses
- Spirit of Adventure!
THE COST INCLUDES
- Hiking Guide
- Trasportation from Torino till the Mountain area and back (free service)
- Overnight staying (directly to the shelter)
- One meal per day (home made dinner at unguarded huts)
- Suggestions for the organization of your trip (free service)
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Other Meals
- Air ticket till Torino
- Health Insurance
POSSIBLE EXTENSIONS AND CHANGESIn all Trekking Alps hikes there is a high degree of flexibility. Difficulty and duration of the hike can be changed and accomodation in bed and breakfast or hotel can be arranged. Just write an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us a WhatsApp at +393386608548
This Trekking Day by Day
- Rhemes(1725m) - Rifugio Epee (2370m)
4-6 hours – 6Km
Elevation up: 1300m Elevation down: 400m
- Rifugio Epee (2370m) - Planaval (1540m)
4-6 hours – 12Km
Elevation up: 200m Elevation down: 900m
- Planaval (1540m)- Rifugio Deffeyes(2500m)
7-9 hours – 15Km
Elevation up: 1500m Elevation down: 1100m
- Rifugio Deffeyes(2500m)- La Thuille (1450m)
5-7 hours – 13Km
Elevation up: 300m Elevation down: 1300m
A Planned Hike
A Planned Hike
This hike has not been booked yet
Why Join?Join one of the planned hikes and save money sharing the costs of the trek with other people in our Alps trekking tour. Check the next mountain hiking tour in the Trekking Alps Calendar and plan your trekking in Italy with us. In joining an hike you will be part of a lovely international environment.
Few Steps to find your ideal Hike!
Start clicking on the season