- Duration: 5 days
- Difficulty: 4/5 (hard)
- Height Diff.: 4100mt / 13280ft
- Lenght: 35Km / 21.75ml
- Location: Val d'Ayas, Val Tournanche
- Area: Monte Rosa and Matterhorn -
- Tags: 5 days hike, difficulty 4/5 (hard hikes), ∆trekking peak, 4000 meters views, summer, autumn
Dates and features of our hikes are flexible: we can build together the adventure that is tailored to your needs.Just Contact Us!
Matterhorn and Monte Rosa Hike
Matterhorn and Monte Rosa are among the most famous and incredible mountains in the entire Alps range.
This trekking is going to explore this particular part of the Alps where the Matterhorn and Monte Rosa are dominating the mountain landscape.
It is the border with Switzerland and Italy and we are going to see huge ice mass and the highest mountains of the Alps.
If you like to see big mountains, glaciers and the highest peaks of Europe this trekking is the one for you.
It’s a quite famous place of course and we will not be in the total wilderness like in other hiking adventures but the natural beauty is just spectacular and we’ll have wonderful time among chamois, ibexes and marmots: the original people of this marvellous Alpine environment.
Living an hiking holiday with Matterhorn and Monte Rosa “coming out” from the pass is an amazing experience.
Sight this huge mountain from near is a dream for those who enjoy the mountain.
We will really enjoy one of the more fantastic views in the last day when we’ll climb the Gran Tourmaline, at more than 3300 meters of altitude.
From there we’ll have most probably the most amazing perspective of the Monte Rosa Glaciers and the famous Matterhorn peak.
You will certainly not forget easily the feelings this hiking holiday will give you.
It is possible to arrange a different difficulty and duration of this hike.
This 5 days with degree 4/5 is only an example.
If you want different variety of hike but always in this area we can arrange longer or shorter trekking walks but also make it harder or softer.
Please feel free to contact us for any kind of questions or requests.
We’ll sleep one night in unguarded hut and the rest in proper shelters.
Also this option can be changed at your preference.
- Overnight Staying DetailsThree nights in a shelter and one night in unguarded hutHighest PoingGran Tourmalin 3370m -11356ftSettingForests, Meadows, High MountainSpecial Features and Points of InterestWilderness, Animals, Big Mountain views, Glaciers viewAnimals you may encounterProbable: Marmots, Chamois, Ibexes Rare: Ermines, DeersFamilyFor children we’ll need to arrange special softer trek.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Backpack (30-50 liters) – Rent Possible
- Hiking Boots – Rent Possible
- Light Sleeping bag – Rent Possible
- 1 t-shirt per day
- 1 fleece
- 1 jacket against cold
- 1 jacket against rain
- 2 extra socks
- 1 comfortable trouser
- 1 shorts
- 1 water bottle
- Hat and gloves
- Sun glasses
- Spirit of Adventure!
THE COST INCLUDES
- Hiking Guide
- Trasportation from Torino till the Mountain area and back (free service)
- Overnight staying (directly to the shelter)
- One meal per day (directly to the shelter)
- Suggestions for the organization of your trip (free service)
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Other Meals
- Air ticket till Torino
POSSIBLE EXTENSIONS AND CHANGESIn all Trekking Alps hikes there is a high degree of flexibility. Difficulty and duration of the hike can be changed and accomodation in bed and breakfast or hotel can be arranged. Just write an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us a WhatsApp at +393386608548
This Trekking Day by Day
- Champolouc (1568m) – Bivacco Latellin(3132m)
5-6 hours – 4Km
Elevation up:1400m Elevation down:0m
- Bivacco Latellin(3132m) – Rifugio Ferraro(2066m)
5-6 hours – 9Km
Elevation up:300m Elevation down:1300m
- Rifugio Ferraro(2066m) – Rifugio Mezzalama(3036m)
4 hours – 6Km
Elevation up:1000m Elevation down: 0m
- Rifugio Mezzalama(3036m) – Rifugio Gran Tournalin(2535m)
6-7 hours – 9Km
Elevation up: 600m Elevation down:1000m
- Rifugio Gran Tournalin(2535m) – Cheneil (2105m)
5-6 hours – 7Km
Elevation up: 700m Elevation down: 1200m
Reviews for this Hike
A Planned Hike
A Planned Hike
This hike has not been booked yet
Why Join?Join one of the planned hikes and save money sharing the costs of the trek with other people in our Alps trekking tour. Check the next mountain hiking tour in the Trekking Alps Calendar and plan your trekking in Italy with us. In joining an hike you will be part of a lovely international environment.
Few Steps to find your ideal Hike!
Start clicking on the season