- Duration: 4 days
- Difficulty: 4/5 (hard)
- Height Diff.: 3000mt / 9800 ft
- Lenght: 39Km / 24ml
- Location: Mont Avic Natural Park, Aosta Valley
- Area: Gran Paradiso -
- Tags: 4 days hike, difficulty 4/5 (hard hikes), animals, 4000 meters views, summer, spring
Dates and features of our hikes are flexible: we can build together the adventure that is tailored to your needs.Just Contact Us!
Mont Avic Natural Park Hiking
Mont Avic Natural Park Hiking is the second park of Aosta Valley and is located in the Champorcer and Champendraz Valley.
In this Hike we will even touch the small and hidden Clavalitè Valley.
The Mont Avic National Park is geographically very near to Gran Paradiso National Park.
Actually it has the same majestic alpine territory.
It is possible to organize an hike in which you visit both Parks as in few hours you can move from one park to the other.
Mont Avic is technically not a National Park but a regional park.
The change is negligible for the visitors as the beauty is breathtaking and the environment is very wild and nice.
The only thing that really change is for the people that work there take money to invest coming from different institutions.
Maybe for this reason this park is a bit less famous and for this same reason the Mont Avic National Park Hiking is even more interesting.
The area has all the Alpine features of its neighbor: wildlife, beautiful mountain passes and nice peaks.
Moreover is maybe the hiking area with more alpine lakes of the region.
As the Mont Avic Park has a south exposition it is very well exposed to sun and the ancient glaciers melted few century ago.
The glaciers left their heritage in hundreds of lakes and nice water areas where peculiar wildlife can survive.
The Mont Avic Natural Park Hiking described here is a 4 days ring with wonderful landscapes and beautiful mountain environment for all the 4 days.
We will not meet any human assessment except the mountain shelter(rifugio), so we will have the chance to live in the complete nature for all our trekking.
This is luxury in the XXI century!.
- Overnight Staying DetailsTwo night in a shelter and one night in unguarded hutHighest PoingPorta Pass (Colle della Porta) 3002m – 9850ftSettingGranite Walls, Lakes, GlaciersSpecial Features and Points of InterestWilderness, Balcony Trail: Views!Animals you may encounterProbable: Marmot, Ibex, Chamois – Rarely: Eagle, Volture, Ermine and FoxFamilyFit for children but we’ll need to change the itinerary to make it milder
WHAT YOU NEED
- Backpack (30-50 liters) – Rent Possible
- Hiking Boots – Rent Possible
- Light Sleeping bag – Rent Possible
- 1 t-shirt per day
- 1 fleece
- 1 jacket against cold
- 1 jacket against rain
- 2 extra socks
- 1 comfortable trouser
- 1 shorts
- 1 water bottle
- Hat and gloves
- Sun glasses
- Spirit of Adventure!
THE COST INCLUDES
- Hiking Guide
- Trasportation from Torino till the Mountain area and back (free service)
- Overnight staying (directly to the shelter)
- One meal per day (home made dinner at unguarded huts)
- Suggestions for the organization of your trip (free service)
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Other Meals
- Air ticket till Torino
POSSIBLE EXTENSIONS AND CHANGESIn all Trekking Alps hikes there is a high degree of flexibility. Difficulty and duration of the hike can be changed and accomodation in bed and breakfast or hotel can be arranged. Just write an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us a WhatsApp at +393386608548
This Trekking Day by Day
- Champorcher (1420m) – Rif. Miserin(2630m)
6 hours – 10 Km
Elevation up: 1200m Elevation down:0
- Rif. Miserin(2630m) – Biv. Borroz(2260m)
7 hours – 12 Km
Elevation up: 700m Elevation down: 1100m
- Biv. Borroz(2260m) – Rif. Barbustel(2200m)
7 hours – 12Km
Elevation up: 1000m Elevation down:1000m
- Rif. Barbustel(2200m) – Champorcher (1420m)
2 hours – 5 Km
Elevation up: 100m Elevation down:900m
Reviews for this Hike
A Planned Hike
A Planned Hike
This hike has not been booked yet
Why Join?Join one of the planned hikes and save money sharing the costs of the trek with other people in our Alps trekking tour. Check the next mountain hiking tour in the Trekking Alps Calendar and plan your trekking in Italy with us. In joining an hike you will be part of a lovely international environment.
Few Steps to find your ideal Hike!
Start clicking on the season