- Duration: 2 days/1 night
- Difficulty: 3/5 (medium)
- Height Diff.: 1000mt
- Lenght: 5Km
- Location: Cogne, Gran Paradiso National Park
- Area: Gran Paradiso -
- Tags: lodge/shelter, 2 days hike, difficulty 3/5 (medium hikes), children, 4000 meters views, summer, autumn, spring
Dates and features of our hikes are flexible: we can build together the adventure that is tailored to your needs.Just Contact Us!
A Night in Lodge in Gran Paradiso
The Gran Paradiso National Park is one of those place that you will hardly forget.
And Cogne Valley is where my passion about mountains was born so I have special feeling for this place.
To reach Sella Shelter is not exactly a mild walk as we need to hike up for about 900 meters(3000 feet).
But the path is well done and the zig zags are excellent, so fit also for beginners hikers.
The food up there is excellent and the views over the Glaciers of Gran Paradiso are breathtaking.
Especially in the month of June, this hike is like an Alpine Safari as you walk in between the recently woke up marmots, chamois and the famous Ibex, the king of the Alps.
The host in Sella shelter are very nice and cozy.
You will need to share the room with others but most of the rooms are pretty small(6-8 places) and it is also possible to have a shower.
The next day we will have the chance of just go down or keep our exploration of Gran Paradiso National Park.
There are different options, from beginners till expert hikers.
We can reach the Colle della Rossa at 3200 meters or making a circle of the marvelous Traversata dell'Herbetet.
We can decide together the hike according to the energy left.
This is also an excellent opportunity for Private celebrations(for example Farewell Party or Birthday Party) and Business Trips.
The hike can be done by everyone and the quality of food and the alpine environment is perfect to develop team building and cooperation.
You will certainly like this Night in Lodge in Gran Paradiso!
Please notice that the cost of half pension in shelter is not included and is between 40 and 50 euro.
- Overnight Staying DetailsShelter/LodgeHighest PoingtbdSettingForest, High Mounatin environmentSpecial Features and Points of InterestWildernessAnimals you may encounterChamois, Ibex, Marmots, Eagles, VolutureFamilyFit for children with some adjustments
WHAT YOU NEED
- Backpack(20-30 liters) – Rent Possible
- Hiking Boots – Rent Possible
- Light Sleeping bag – Rent Possible
- 1 extra t-shirt
- sweater against clod
- 1 jacket against wind and rain
- confortable trouser
- 1 water bottle
- Sun Glasses
- Sun Cream
- Hat and gloves
- Spirit of Adventure!
THE COST INCLUDES
- Hiking Guide
- Trasportation from Torino till the Mountain area and back (free service)
- Suggestions for the organization of your trip (free service)
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Night in Shelter, Dinner and Breakfast (around 50 euro)
- Package Lunches (around 10 euro)
- Air ticket till Torino
POSSIBLE EXTENSIONS AND CHANGESIn all Trekking Alps hikes there is a high degree of flexibility. Difficulty and duration of the hike can be changed and accomodation in bed and breakfast or hotel can be arranged. Just write an email at email@example.com or write us a WhatsApp at +393386608548
Reviews for this Hike
A Planned Hike
A Planned Hike
This hike has not been booked yet
Why Join?Join one of the planned hikes and save money sharing the costs of the trek with other people in our Alps trekking tour. Check the next mountain hiking tour in the Trekking Alps Calendar and plan your trekking in Italy with us. In joining an hike you will be part of a lovely international environment.
Few Steps to find your ideal Hike!
Start clicking on the season