Dates and features of our hikes are flexible: we can build together the adventure that is tailored to your needs.Just Contact Us!
Self Guided Hike Maira Valley
As every Self Guided Treks everything is handled by the Trekking Alps Tour Operator, Verticalife.
We will provide you with all the maps, GPS waypoints, a detailed description of every day hike and the bookings for your Self guided Tour of Mont Blanc.
Val Maira is an excellent option for the Self Guided Tour.
You will not reach high mountain environment but the hikes at the bottom of this marvellous valley in the south of Piedmont is becoming a very reliable option.
The services of the accomodation has very good standard and not only you will hike in a natural environment but you'll also have a glimpse of Occitanian Culture and mountain culture in general.
Every stage will end up in a nice Bed and Breakfast or, as the french say, Gite.
The hikes are not very steep and you can do it even if you are not a super athlete.
The food, as there is no need for helicopter to bring it up in the mountains, is always fresh and you will have a chance to shower and have a very tasty italian meal with wine every day.
Another good opportunity is the opportunity to make your baggage to come to your place every day.
This service it is an extra and is almost always possible.
Maira Valley is a great chance if you want to do a Self Guided hike in the Alps also in Spring.
As the paths are not very high, they are snow free much before the other areas.
So you might be able to hike here in the second half of May till the end of September, depending on weather and hotel opening season.
Just contact us and Giorgio will let you know if the hike is possible to organize.
If you the season is not open for the self guide, contact us for a guided tour of Maira Valley, which is possible all year long!.
- Overnight Staying DetailsSmall Hotels in Mountain VillagesHighest PoingTo be definedSettingTypical Alpine Environment: meadows, alpine pine forest, lakes, view over glaciersSpecial Features and Points of InterestLuggage Transportation almost always possibleAnimals you may encounterPossible: Chamois, Marmot, IbexFamilyFit for children
WHAT YOU NEED
- Backpack (20-45 liters)
- Hiking Boots
- Light Sleeping bag / Liner
- 1 t-shirt per day
- 1 fleece
- 1 jacket against cold
- 1 jacket against rain
- 2 extra socks
- 1 comfortable trouser
- 1 shorts
- 1 water bottle
- Hat and gloves
- Sun glasses
THE COST INCLUDES
- Planning of the whole trip constomized on your needs
- Booking of the hotels/Rifugios
- Map (phisical and GPS track)
- Description of the itinerary
- Overnight stay in Rifugio
- All the meals
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Transportation to Maira Valley. The costs of transportation will be defined depending on the kind of Tour you will choose.
- All what is not present in the "The cost includes"
POSSIBLE EXTENSIONS AND CHANGESIn all Trekking Alps hikes there is a high degree of flexibility. Just write an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your special needs.
A Planned Hike
A Planned Hike
This hike has not been booked yet
Why Join?Join one of the planned hikes and save money sharing the costs of the trek with other people in our Alps trekking tour. Check the next mountain hiking tour in the Trekking Alps Calendar and plan your trekking in Italy with us. In joining an hike you will be part of a lovely international environment.
Few Steps to find your ideal Hike!
Start clicking on the season