- Duration: 4 days
- Difficulty: 4/5 (hard)
- Height Diff.: 3400mt / 9186ft
- Lenght: 28Km / 17.44ml
- Location: Pellice Valley, Germanasca Valley
- Area: Turin Alps -
- Tags: 4 days hike, difficulty 4/5 (hard hikes), animals, cultural & historic places, summer
Dates and features of our hikes are flexible: we can build together the adventure that is tailored to your needs.Just Contact Us!
Tour of Bucie, Waldesian Trek
Waldesian valley trek is developed in Pellice valley in the Piedmontese Alps.
This hike is part of the locally well known Tour of Bucie.
If you want to extend the hike it is possible to extend it till the entire Tour of Bucie.
Please contact us if you are interested.
Waldesian refugees found a fantastic place where to settle when they were persecuted by Catholics.
Pellice valley is a small cozy valley at less than 80Km from Turin.
The mountains here offer all kind of settings: lush forests, high mountain environments with the big Monviso watching over in the nearby.
It is here and in the nearby Val Germanasca that the whole hike is developed.
The hiking is magnificent and offer a real mountain adventure experience as very few people roam around for this area.
The mass tourism is far away and you will enjoy solitude and local people only.
It is also possible to add to this hiking the visit of the 13 lakes, a spectacular place near Ghigo which worth the visit.
This is not originally included in the hike.
The Waldensians are a Christian movement and religious cultural group which started in Lyon and spread soon to the Cottian Alps in the late 1170s.
Today, the Waldensian movement is centered in Pellice Valley, the Piedmont region of northern Italy, and south of France.
Small communities can be found in Argentina, southern Italy, Germany, the United States, and Uruguay.
- Overnight Staying DetailsTwo nights in a shelter and one night in unguarded hutHighest PoingBivacco Soradi 2620m – 8684ftSettingForests, MeadowsSpecial Features and Points of InterestWilderness, Lakes, AnimalsAnimals you may encounterProbable: Marmots, Chamois, IbexFamilyExcellent trekking for active children. Long walks but always on safe and beautiful path.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Backpack (30-50 liters) – Rent Possible
- Hiking Boots – Rent Possible
- Light Sleeping bag – Rent Possible
- 1 t-shirt per day
- 1 fleece
- 1 jacket against cold
- 1 jacket against rain
- 2 extra socks
- 1 comfortable trouser
- 1 shorts
- 1 water bottle
- Hat and gloves
- Sun glasses
- Spirit of Adventure!
THE COST INCLUDES
- Hiking Guide
- Trasportation from Torino till the Mountain area and back (free service)
- Overnight staying (directly to the shelter)
- One meal per day (directly to the shelter)
- Suggestions for the organization of your trip (free service)
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Other Meals
- Air ticket till Torino
POSSIBLE EXTENSIONS AND CHANGESIn all Trekking Alps hikes there is a high degree of flexibility. Difficulty and duration of the hike can be changed and accomodation in bed and breakfast or hotel can be arranged. Just write an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us a WhatsApp at +393386608548
This Trekking Day by Day
- Giordano (1500m) – Rifugio Lago Verde(2583m)
4-5h hours – 6Km
Elevation up: 1200m Elevation Down: 0m
- Rifugio Lago Verde(2583m) – Rifugio Jervis(1732m)
6-7 hours 9Km
Elevation up: 900m Elevation Down: 1700m
- Rifugio Jervis(1732m) – Bivacco Soardi(2620m)
5-6 hours – 6 Km
Elevation up: 1200m Elevation Down: 300m
- Bivacco Soardi(2620m)– Giordano (1500m)
5-6 hours – 7Km
Elevation up: 300m Elevation Down: 1400m
Reviews for this Hike
A Planned Hike
A Planned Hike
Why Join?Join one of the planned hikes and save money sharing the costs of the trek with other people in our Alps trekking tour. Check the next mountain hiking tour in the Trekking Alps Calendar and plan your trekking in Italy with us. In joining an hike you will be part of a lovely international environment.
Few Steps to find your ideal Hike!
Start clicking on the season