- Duration: 3 days
- Difficulty: 5/5 (strenuous)
- Height Diff.: 2000mt
- Lenght: 15Km
- Location: Mont Cenis EMPTY
- Tags: 3 days hike, difficulty 5/5 (strenuous), winter
Dates and features of our hikes are flexible: we can build together the adventure that is tailored to your needs.Just Contact Us!
Wild Winter Snowshoeing
Winter snowshoeing is an amazing experience.
With this winter trekking you will live the wilderness in the harshest season.
That means you need to be prepared to extremely cold temperatures(till -25°) and uncomfortable situations.
In this specific the winter snowshoeing will bring us to reach the Avanzà refuge.
A small hut 6 Km and 5 hours of walk far from every human activity.
The shelter is a 6 bed hut with a small wooden stove.
The refuge is populated by animals also in winter and will be not difficult to see chamoix and ibexes.
The Avanzà shelter is near France border.
The second night the target will be the Vacca shelter in a neighbouood valley.
A small cousy hut in the middle of rocky snowy environment.
In this moment for sure you will feel as you will be the only abitant of the World!
The snowshoes here is possible only in certain snow conidtions.
Especially to reach Pietro Vacca is quite difficult and possible only with experienced people with no fear of void.
In case of not suitable snow conditions the hike target will be changed in places easier to reach.
In particular the Bivacco Orsiera on the other side of the valley.
Another option is to reach the San Camillo hut in Viu Valley.
- Overnight Staying DetailsTwo nights in unguarded hutHighest PoingVacca hut(2670m)SettingRocks, SnowSpecial Features and Points of InterestDo you want to experience the Cold? Come here!Animals you may encounterChamois, Eagles, IbexFamilyNot Fit for children
WHAT YOU NEED
- Backpack (30-50 liters) – Rent Possible
- Hiking Boots – Rent Possible
- Light Sleeping bag – Rent Possible
- 1 t-shirt per day
- 1 fleece
- 1 jacket against cold
- 1 jacket against rain
- 2 extra socks
- 1 comfortable trouser
- 1 shorts
- 1 water bottle
- Hat and gloves
- Sun glasses
- Spirit of Adventure!
THE COST INCLUDES
- Hiking Guide
- Trasportation from Torino till the Mountain area and back (free service)
- Overnight staying (directly to the shelter)
- One meal per day (directly to the shelter)
- Suggestions for the organization of your trip (free service)
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Other Meals
- Air ticket till Torino
POSSIBLE EXTENSIONS AND CHANGESIn all Trekking Alps hikes there is a high degree of flexibility. Difficulty and duration of the hike can be changed and accomodation in bed and breakfast or hotel can be arranged. Just write an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us a WhatsApp at +393386608548
Reviews for this Hike
(From: Czech Republic)
A Planned Hike
A Planned Hike
This hike has not been booked yet
Why Join?Join one of the planned hikes and save money sharing the costs of the trek with other people in our Alps trekking tour. Check the next mountain hiking tour in the Trekking Alps Calendar and plan your trekking in Italy with us. In joining an hike you will be part of a lovely international environment.
Few Steps to find your ideal Hike!
Start clicking on the season