Per Person, Min. 2 People
- Duration: 3 days
- Difficulty: 3/5 (medium)
- Height Diff.: 2000m / 6600 ft
- Lenght: 22Km / 16 ml
- Location: Val Gesso, South Piedmont
- Area: Mediterranean Riviera -
- Tags: 3 days hike, animals, autumn, difficulty 4/5 (hard hikes), spring, summer
Dates and features of our hikes are flexible: we can build together the adventure that is tailored to your needs.Just Contact Us!
Maritime Alps Park Hiking Tour
The Natural Park of Maritime Alps is a real pearl almost unknown. It is a magnificent mountain area in the south pf Piedmont at the Border with France where is located the Mercantour National Park. The mountains here are not very high compared with the Alps in the North region like in Turin or in Aosta Valley but offer tremendous landscapes. The highest peak here is Argentera Peak at about 3200 meters. The area is full of rock formations and among the most difficult climbing routes are possible here. There are plenty of possible hikes here and the one described in this Maritime Alps Park Hiking Tour is a medium difficulty and last three days. In this area we can also enjoy the Spa in Terme di Valdieri. A nice spot were to relax at the end of the hike. In this hike is not inserted the spa, so it is not included in the cost but you can ask it while you contact Trekking Alps. In Entracque it is interesting to see a very beautiful Wolf Showroom. There are several wolves and there is a nice museum about this legendary animal living in the mountains in these days after many years. The region is full of spectacular lakes and big granite walls. It is a very nice environment and the options are countless. The Trek here described in the wonderful Maritime Alps Natural Park is developed in three days sleeping in the nice two shelters of Questa and of Elena. This huts are places in wonderful location in the middle of this Natural Park in the Italian Alps. If you want to make it longer it is very easy to make this hike as a 4 or more days hiking trail. In the park it is present the wolf, the chamois, the ibex and many other amazing animals. Alpi Marittime Natural Park is still off the beaten track, so it is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the nature of the mountains by yourself, surrounded by majestic peaks with the luxury of solitude. The Maritime Alps Park is a wilderness sanctuary and really worth the visit.
- Overnight Staying DetailsOne night in a shelter and one night in unguarded hutHighest PoingFremamorta Pass 2616 m – 8582 ftSettingLakes, Meadows, Big Rocks formationsSpecial Features and Points of InterestWilderness, Sea View(if lucky)Animals you may encounterProbable: Chamois, Marmots – Rarely: Eagle, Ermine, Ibex, Wolf and FoxFamilyFit for children
WHAT YOU NEED
- Backpack (30-50 liters) – Rent Possible
- Hiking Boots – Rent Possible
- Light Sleeping bag – Rent Possible
- 1 t-shirt per day
- 1 fleece
- 1 jacket against cold
- 1 jacket against rain
- 2 extra socks
- 1 comfortable trouser
- 1 shorts
- 1 water bottle
- Hat and gloves
- Sun glasses
- Spirit of Adventure!
THE COST INCLUDES
- Hiking Guide
- Trasportation from Torino till the Mountain area and back (free service)
- Overnight staying (directly to the shelter)
- One meal per day (home made dinner at unguarded huts)
- Suggestions for the organization of your trip (free service)
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Other Meals
- Air ticket till Torino
POSSIBLE EXTENSIONS AND CHANGESIn all Trekking Alps hikes there is a high degree of flexibility. Difficulty and duration of the hike can be changed and accomodation in bed and breakfast or hotel can be arranged. Just write an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us a WhatsApp at +393386608548
This Trekking Day by Day
- Valasco (1385m) – Rif. Questa(2402m)
4 hours – 7 Km
Elevation up: 1000m Elevation down:0
- Rif. Questa(2402m) – Rif. Elena(1850m)
7 hours – 9 Km
Elevation up: 700m Elevation down: 1400m
- Rif. Elena(1850m) – Valasco (1385m)
3 hours – 6Km
Elevation up: 100m Elevation down: 300m
Reviews for this Hike
Our Italy trip highlight!
Hiking in the Alps was so so good, and so beautiful and so perfect and so rewarding - thank you Roberto for planning it for us, and being the best guide we could have imagined. You made our whole Italy trip fantastic and the 6 days hiking is our trip highlight! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, for such a fantastic glimpse into 'your' mountains. We feel so privileged to have been able to have you show us around.
A Planned Hike
A Planned Hike
This hike has not been booked yet
Why Join?Join one of the planned hikes and save money sharing the costs of the trek with other people in our Alps trekking tour. Check the next mountain hiking tour in the Trekking Alps Calendar and plan your trekking in Italy with us. In joining an hike you will be part of a lovely international environment.
Few Steps to find your ideal Hike!
Start clicking on the season