Gran Paradiso National Park is the refuge of the ibex, a beautiful wild goat with huge horns that was extinct all over the Alps in the 19th century except in this that will be the Gran Paradiso National Park area. The King Vittorio Emanuele made it hunting reserve and save the ibex and the wildlife. In the 1920 he gave it to the Italian state and the area became the first national park of Italy. Gran Paradiso National Park is still the widest national reserve of the Italian Alps and the whole Italy. The most exciting moment of the trekking in Gran Paradiso is maybe climbing of Punta Rossa(3630m) during the third day even though every day have fantastic spot, amazing scenery and breathtaking perspectives. The Gran Paradiso hiking area is well known compared with the other Trekking Alps trekking and that is why there will be more people here than in most of the other hiking holidays offered in this website.
Wild animals in this Gran Paradiso National Park Hiking are very common and it is a trekking most suitable for willing children to experience the natural world at its best. Last but not least Cogne is a famous spot for enjoying very excellent mountain food: polenta, hams and a special rice and cheese dish which you most probably never forget.
As two of the nights are planned in an unguarded hut which is not possible to book, the central weeks of August are not considered to be a good period for this hike. The itinerary here described is only one of the many trekking in Gran Paradiso which is possible to experience. We will plan the Gran Paradiso National Park hiking, according to your interests and needs!
- Overnight Staying DetailsOne night in a shelter and two nights in unguarded hutHighest PointRossa Peak 3630m – 11909ftSettingForests, Meadows, Rocks possibly Snow and being surrounded by GlacierSpecial Features and Points of InterestGran Paradiso National Park – Punta Rossa Peak – Animals – Lakes – FoodAnimals you may encounterProbable: Marmots, Chamois, Ibex – Rarely: Eagles, Voltures, FoxFamilyExcellent trekking for active children. Long walks but always on safe and beautiful paths.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Backpack (30-50 liters) – Rent Possible
- Hiking Boots – Rent Possible
- Light Sleeping bag – Rent Possible
- 1 t-shirt per day
- 1 fleece
- 1 jacket against cold
- 1 jacket against rain
- 2 extra socks
- 1 comfortable trouser
- 1 shorts
- 1 water bottle
- Hat and gloves
- Sun glasses
- Spirit of Adventure!
THE COST INCLUDES
- Hiking Guide
- Trasportation from Torino till the Mountain area and back (free service)
- Overnight staying (directly to the shelter)
- One meal per day (directly to the shelter)
- Suggestions for the organization of your trip (free service)
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Other Meals
- Air ticket till Torino
POSSIBLE EXTENSIONS AND CHANGESIn all Trekking Alps hikes there is a high degree of flexibility. Difficulty and duration of the hike can be changed and accomodation in bed and breakfast or hotel can be arranged. Just write an email at email@example.com or write us a WhatsApp at +393386608548
This Trekking Day by Day
- Cogne(1534m) – Biv Leonessa(2940m)
4-5 hours – 7Km
Elevation up: 1300m Elevation Down: 0m
- Biv Leonessa(2940m) – Rifugio Sella(2584m)
3 hours- 6Km
Elevation up: 500m Elevation Down: 800m
- Rifugio Sella(2584m) – Punta Rossa(3630m) – Biv. Gratton (3200m)
4-5 hours – 6Km
Elevation up: 1100m Elevation Down: 500m
- Biv. Gratton (3200m) – Cogne(1534m)
5-6 hours – 8 Km
Elevation up: 0m Elevation Down: 1700m
Reviews for this Hike
(From: New Zeland)
(From: United Kingdom)
Few Steps to find your ideal Hike!
Start clicking on the season