- Duration: 2 days/1 night
- Difficulty: 2/5 (easy)
- Height Diff.: 500mt
- Lenght: 5Km
- Location: Ayas Valley, Monte Rosa
- Area: Monte Rosa and Matterhorn -
- Tags: 2 days hike, 4000 meters views, autumn, children, difficulty 2/5 (easy hikes), lodge/shelter, spring, summer, winter, ∆trekking peak
Dates and features of our hikes are flexible: we can build together the adventure that is tailored to your needs.Just Contact Us!
Monte Rosa Winter Hike
This Monte Rosa Winter hike gives you an amazing opportunity to explore this magnificent part of the Alps also in winter.
There are some shelters that has special energy.
For sure one of them is Ferraro shelter with its wonderful staff and amazing food at the very end of Ayas valley.
The place is cozy and very comfortable and the path to reach the hut is just wonderful.
The shelter is part of an old mountain village at the end of Ayas Valley and is possible to reach basically all year long.
The Italian Alps are full of these villages that were populated at the end of IXX century by farmers and pastures.
In winter there is a track for snowshoes that makes possible to reach the hut and make some nice walk.
The Monte Rosa Winter Hike is fit also for those who never experienced snowshoes.
In another season it is possible to go to Blue Lake(a miracle of colors) below the big glaciers of Monte Rosa.
You’ll experience a magic environment and a wonderful welcome in this beautiful hut placed in a wonderful sector of the Italian Alps.
It is not easy to find such a place, especially in winter.
This Monte Rosa Winter Hike is perfect for beginners and even for more experienced hikers as there are few options in the second day and the good food is guaranteed!
Please notice that the cost of half pension in shelter is not included and is between 40 and 50 euro.
- Overnight Staying DetailsShelterHighest PoingColle di Bettaforca 2672 mSettingAlpine, mountain village, glaciers viewSpecial Features and Points of InterestMonte Rosa viewAnimals you may encounterChamois, Marmots, EaglesFamilyFit for children
WHAT YOU NEED
- Backpack(20-30 liters) – Rent Possible
- Hiking Boots – Rent Possible
- Light Sleeping bag – Rent Possible
- 1 extra t-shirt
- sweater against clod
- 1 jacket against wind and rain
- confortable trouser
- 1 water bottle
- Sun Glasses
- Sun Cream
- Hat and gloves
- Spirit of Adventure!
THE COST INCLUDES
- Hiking Guide
- Trasportation from Torino till the Mountain area and back (free service)
- Suggestions for the organization of your trip (free service)
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Night in Shelter, Dinner and Breakfast (around 50 euro)
- Package Lunches (around 10 euro)
- Air ticket till Torino
POSSIBLE EXTENSIONS AND CHANGESIn all Trekking Alps hikes there is a high degree of flexibility. Difficulty and duration of the hike can be changed and accomodation in bed and breakfast or hotel can be arranged. Just write an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us a WhatsApp at +393386608548
A Planned Hike
A Planned Hike
This hike has not been booked yet
Why Join?Join one of the planned hikes and save money sharing the costs of the trek with other people in our Alps trekking tour. Check the next mountain hiking tour in the Trekking Alps Calendar and plan your trekking in Italy with us. In joining an hike you will be part of a lovely international environment.
Few Steps to find your ideal Hike!
Start clicking on the season