- Duration: 5 days
- Difficulty: 5/5 (strenuous)
- Height Diff.: 5100mt / 16732ft
- Lenght: 41Km / 25.49ml
- Location: Orsiera Rocciavrè National Park
- Area: Turin Alps -
- Tags: 5 days hike, difficulty 5/5 (strenuous), animals, cultural & historic places, summer, autumn, spring
Dates and features of our hikes are flexible: we can build together the adventure that is tailored to your needs.Just Contact Us!
Tour of Orsiera
Tour of Orsiera hiking ring is an unforgettable experience.
This trekking is basically exploring all the in Orsiera Rocciavrè Natural Park, in Piedmont region, Italy.
Despite of the position not far from the plains of Turin this National Park is very wild and magnificent.
Wild animal sighting is very probable and the big forest in the last couple of days are unique in the area.
The deers are mating in October and they are quite easy to spot in this period.
The Park has also chamois, ibexes, marmots and wolves!
This area is particularly rich of shelters and is always possible to change the plans according during the hike.
Tour of Orsiera has many variants and it is particularly suitable for the mid season trekking (fall and spring).
Also in winter, as you can see in the snowshoes category, it is possible to hike in this area even though is quite hard to complete the whole Tour of Orsiera.
The mountain environment is very beautiful and is possible to reach breathtaking peak and even sleep in the top of the Robinet peak(2679m) in the Madonna degli Angeli bivouac, on the top of the world where often Ibexes are spotted.
In the Orsiera National park recently there was wolf sightings, proof of uncontaminated environment and wild mountain area.
The hiking is entirely in high altitude, never crossing small villages.
That’s for sure: Yyu will never forget the Tour of Orsiera!.
- Overnight Staying DetailsTwo nights in a shelter and two night in unguarded hutHighest PoingOrsiera Peak 3313m – 10869ftSettingForests, Meadows, RocksSpecial Features and Points of InterestWilderness, Lakes, Animals, All year long hikingAnimals you may encounterProbable: Marmots, Chamois, Deers, Ermines, Ibex Rare: WolfFamilyExcellent trekking for active children. Long walks but always on safe and beautiful path.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Backpack (30-50 liters) – Rent Possible
- Hiking Boots – Rent Possible
- Light Sleeping bag – Rent Possible
- 1 t-shirt per day
- 1 fleece
- 1 jacket against cold
- 1 jacket against rain
- 2 extra socks
- 1 comfortable trouser
- 1 shorts
- 1 water bottle
- Hat and gloves
- Sun glasses
- Spirit of Adventure!
THE COST INCLUDES
- Hiking Guide
- Trasportation from Torino till the Mountain area and back (free service)
- Overnight staying (directly to the shelter)
- One meal per day (directly to the shelter)
- Suggestions for the organization of your trip (free service)
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Other Meals
- Air ticket till Torino
POSSIBLE EXTENSIONS AND CHANGESIn all Trekking Alps hikes there is a high degree of flexibility. Difficulty and duration of the hike can be changed and accomodation in bed and breakfast or hotel can be arranged. Just write an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us a WhatsApp at +393386608548
This Trekking Day by Day
- Marone(1150m) – Rifugio Valgravio (1390m)
7h hours – 10Km
Elevation up: 1200m Elevation Down: 1000m
- Rifugio Valgravio (1390m) – Bivacco Orsiera(1930m)
7-8 hours 8Km
Elevation up: 1500m Elevation Down: 1000m
- Bivacco Orsiera(1930m) – Bivacco Laus(2259m)
6-7 hours – 8 Km
Elevation up: 1200m Elevation Down: 800m
- Bivacco Laus(2259m) – Rifugio Balma(1986m)
4-5 hours – 8Km
Elevation up: 800m Elevation Down: 1000m
- Rifugio Balma(1986m)– Marone(1150m)
6-7 hours – 8 Km
Elevation up: 400m Elevation Down: 1200m
Reviews for this Hike
A Planned Hike
A Planned Hike
This hike has not been booked yet
Why Join?Join one of the planned hikes and save money sharing the costs of the trek with other people in our Alps trekking tour. Check the next mountain hiking tour in the Trekking Alps Calendar and plan your trekking in Italy with us. In joining an hike you will be part of a lovely international environment.
Few Steps to find your ideal Hike!
Start clicking on the season